About The B Team
The B Team is a non-profit organisation, comprised of well-known leaders from business and civil society who are working together to catalyse a better way of doing business for the wellbeing of people and planet. We are an action-oriented organisation with bold advocacy and effective strategic partnerships built into our DNA.
About the role
We’re looking for a new associate to join our Community and Development team in New York City – a gregarious, detail-oriented and strategic relationship-builder who can help us to secure the necessary resources and strengthen the partnerships we need to drive greater impact of our mission.
The new associate will have an opportunity to lead and support work in several key areas including: developing and implementing community engagement and fundraising strategies and systems; researching and identifying new partners and donors; and producing high quality grant proposals and reports that measure and demonstrate the progress of our programmes.
The successful candidate will excel at:
- Implementing outreach and fundraising strategies, including efforts targeting high net worth individuals.
- Coordinating successful partner meetings, including the development of high-quality pre-read materials, agendas and follow-up notes.
- Designing and implementing systems and processes that support effective donor stewardship, including the management of lists and pipelines and overseeing the day-to-day management of our organisational CRM system (Salesforce).
- Developing compelling grant proposals and working with programme teams to develop grant reports that demonstrate impact and progress.
- Supporting high-impact event production and coordination, including community and fundraising gatherings.
We’re looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and who has:
- 3-5 years experience working in a partner relations and development role in the non-profit sector, ideally in an organisation with a similar focus to The B Team.
- Knowledge of the fundraising landscape in the United States and Europe, and experience working with diverse sets of donors and stakeholders including institutional and corporate foundations, government funders, senior business leaders and high net worth individuals.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM system, preferably in system administrator capacity.
- Understanding and interest in our key focus areas including sustainable business practice, international development, the environment and/or human rights.
- Working knowledge of a language other than English (preferable).
If this describes you, and you believe in what we’re doing, please apply by sending your resume and a cover letter (in a single PDF document) telling us why you are the best person for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line ‘Your Name – Community and Development Associate’. The application deadline is 22nd March 2017.