Monday 15th March 2021
Saturday 1st May 2021
Remote with availability to take calls with B Team staff in London and New York.
$50,000-60,000 (or equivalent in GBP) per annum based on experience.
The B Team is seeking a Digital Strategist to join our team.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, journeys and life experiences. We believe that diversity is a strength and are looking forward to meeting with candidates that can bring fresh insight to the team. Our overview of the responsibilities of the role is not exhaustive, and we are open to meeting with impact-driven candidates that bring additional strengths to the table. If you do not meet all of the requirements outlined in the job description below, but still believe you could thrive in the role and support The B Team’s mission, we encourage you to apply.
Why You Should Work at The B Team
The B Team is a global collective of business and civil society leaders working to create new norms of corporate leadership and build an inclusive economy. Together, these Leaders are holding themselves and their peers accountable for a new way of doing business—one that measures success not only by financial performance but also by the health of people and our planet—for the benefit of generations to come.
The B Team has taken steps to improve and strengthen its internal working culture, and is committed to ensuring that all staff are respected and valued, and that our collective work reflects our three core principles of sustainability, equality and accountability.
The past year has presented global leaders with new and pressing challenges. It’s forced us to confront the failings of our broken systems and our outdated, and ineffective, models of leadership. We must take forward the lessons we’ve learned over the last 12 months and be 10x bolder in how we lead, placing humanity and humility at the heart of everything we do.
With that, The B Team is looking for a Digital Strategist to join us on a full-time basis. We’re looking for someone who can bring fresh thinking and breathe new life into our online presence, including but not limited to: managing social media platforms, The B Team newsletter, website, podcast and video assets.
We’re looking for a proactive, strategic thinker to find and build on opportunities to grow audiences and evolve our digital strategy to reach our goal of transforming storytelling and communications to be the multi-platform engine powering our inclusive economy campaigns.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Managing The B Team’s social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) on a day-to-day basis, drafting copy and developing visual assets, and producing social media kits for distribution around key moments.
- Supporting organization’s digital audience development by developing and implementing strategies for email subscriber and social media follower growth.
- Leading on digital analytics and reporting, making strategic recommendations for content and campaigns on The B Team’s website, newsletter and social media channels.
- Supporting The B Team CEO’s social media presence and developing a strategy for engagement across her channels.
- Collaborating with agency partners on strategy and content production for social media channels, video content and podcast production.
- Updating The B Team’s website content on an ad-hoc basis with content including: blog posts, videos, copy updates, Leader and staff member bios and more.
Profile of the Applicant
- You are proactive, collaborative and interested in working with a dynamic, global team.
- You have at least 3-5 years experience in digital-focused marketing and/or communications.
- You have expertise in social media management and analytics and reporting.
- You have strong writing and editing skills, particularly for social-friendly copy.
- You are familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator in particular) and experience creating visual assets for use on digital channels (social, web and email).
- You have interest in or previous experience working in rapid response communications.
- You are familiar with, or interested in learning more about, environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, business and social impact and related topics.
How to Apply
Please apply for this role by sending a single PDF or Word document containing the following to Nadine Apelian Dobbs at email@example.com with the subject: Digital Strategist - [NAME].
- Please tell us why you want to work for The B Team, what excites you about the job, and what makes you the right person for the role.
- The B Team is actively looking to diversify our team and improve our culture of learning and inclusivity. Please tell us how your background and experiences would help advance a more diverse and inclusive culture at The B Team (note that self-identification of demographic information is optional and that this information will not be used to discriminate against candidates in the recruitment process).
- Let us know your professional and/or educational background (max 2 pages).
The deadline for applications is May 1.
Our Work Environment: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all B Team staff are working remotely for the foreseeable future. We have offices and staff based primarily in London and New York and welcome applicants from any location with availability to take calls in US and UK time zones.
Duration: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Remuneration: $5,000 per month.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are a committed equal opportunity employer and we strive not to discriminate based on ability, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, political or religious beliefs, national origin, race or ethnicity, skin color, health status, pregnancy, caring responsibility or any other basis prohibited by law. We are also committed to enhancing the diversity of our team and to ensuring an inclusive working environment for all B Team staff.