Wednesday 27th November 2019
Thursday 5th December 2019
The B Team’s Climate team is looking for an intern for the period of January through the end of April 2020, to help set up a campaign on consistent company trade group membership and lobbying practices. We are a global organization looking to represent diversity in perspectives; we are looking for diverse candidates and are keen to hear from minority applicants.
The B Team, founded in 2013, is a global collective of business and civil society leaders working to create new norms of corporate leadership today, for a better tomorrow. Together, these leaders are holding themselves and their peers accountable for a new way of doing business—one that measures success not only by financial performance, but also by the health of people and our planet—for the benefit of generations to come.
From January, The B Team will need support on the Climate team to help deliver on a new campaign on consistency between climate ambition and trade group membership.
We are looking for a proactive, action-oriented, strategic thinker to support our climate vision and work especially around reaching net-zero emissions by 2050. The role will be focused on preparing and activation the new campaign to help companies align their advocacy positions, and that of their trade groups, with their company’s publicly communicated commitment to climate action. The impact of this will be to generate more positive advocacy and reduce the threat of negative lobbying to achieving the policy ambition we need in 2020.
As a Climate Intern, you will be an integral part of The B Team staff. The intern will work across Climate activities to support country and industry strategy and analysis, engage with partners and develop communications and outreach collateral.
You will work cross functionally across the Climate team with colleagues on the cause strategy, communications, events and community and development teams, which will support the execution of the campaign and other targeted work. You will also work directly with some of the B Team’s core strategic partners including We Mean Business and Ceres. Working with both our business and civil society partners will give unique insight into strategic corporate advocacy.
The internship roles and responsibilities may include:
- Delivering the campaign strategy
- Developing a toolkit for companies
- Conducting research on companies and trade associations
- Influencing and road-testing with group of first mover companies.
- Planning and delivery of event(s) in support of the campaign
- Working with strategic partners including We Mean Business and Ceres
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Researching and developing briefings and talking points on topics related to The B Team's Climate cause.
- Providing organizational support for events, including preparing invitations, briefings and content for our events.
What we offer
The intern will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the role of business in driving positive change for the benefit and wellbeing of people and the planet
- Learn about systemic climate and sustainability issues and strategies to address them
- Build skills in strategic engagement and advocacy and understand how to drive effective partnerships across business and civil society
- Gain exposure to key players and voices in the climate movement
The Climate team will support the intern with growth opportunities and mentoring, including the intern in both internal meetings and engagements with business and civil society partners.
Profile of the applicant
To qualify for this role with The B Team:
- You are a team player, have an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude and have strong communication and organizational skills.
- You have a demonstrable interest and experience in the area of work of The B Team’s Climate team: sustainability and/or climate.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree and/or have 3+ years of work experience in a relevant field.
- You are preferably based in London.
Diversity & Inclusion
The B Team is committed to being a fair, diverse and inclusive organization. Please share with us how you would contribute to this goal with reference to your personal or professional background.
We are a committed equal opportunity employer, and we will strive not to discriminate based on ability, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, health status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- 4 months at 40 hours per week starting in January 2020 through April 2020 (flexible depending on availability and in consultation)
You application must consist of the following documents:
- An application letter in English of maximum 1 page including how you would contribute to The B Team's commitment to being a fair, diverse and inclusive organization with reference to your personal or professional background.
- A CV
An interview, either in person or via video conference, and a written exercise will be part of the selection process.
You may address you application to Charlotte Blommestijn and Emily Hickson per email with the subject line: 'Climate Internship: [your name]' to email@example.com.
The latest date during which you may submit your application is 5 Dec 2019.